This page deals with the word: Spirit. There seems to be a lot of confusion is our modern day world as to the expressive manner in which the "Spirit of God" operates in the human life. On this page, I've simply listed all the verses in the New Testament where the word "spirit" appears.
It is true, the word "spirit" appears in a wide array of contents; but at least, this is a method to study this word and try to determine the best way in which the "Spirit of God" actually becomes involved in the life of the True Christian Believer.
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water:
and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
-  Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
-  Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
-  When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
-  And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
-  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
-  Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
-  But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
-  When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
-  Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits
more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the
last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also
unto this wicked generation.
-  And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
-  He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
-  Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
-  And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
-  And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.
-  And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
-  And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.
And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among
themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for
with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.
-  And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
-  And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.
-  Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
-  And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
-  For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
-  And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits
went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a
steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were
choked in the sea.
-  And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
-  But when they saw him walking upon the sea, they supposed it had been a spirit, and cried out:
-  For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:
-  And he sighed deeply in his spirit,
and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say
unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
-  And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
-  And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
-  When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
-  And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
-  Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
-  And he shall go before him in the spirit
and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,
and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people
prepared for the Lord.
-  And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
-  And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.
-  And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
-  And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
-  And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
-  And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
-  The Spirit
of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the
gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach
deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to
set at liberty them that are bruised,
-  And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,
And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a
word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.
-  And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.
-  And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight.
-  And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
-  (For he had commanded the unclean spirit
to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was
kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was
driven of the devil into the wilderness.)
-  And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat.
-  And, lo, a spirit taketh him, and he suddenly crieth out; and it teareth him that he foameth again, and bruising him hardly departeth from him.
-  And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.
-  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
-  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
-  In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit,
and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou
hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them
unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
-  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
-  When the unclean spirit
is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and
finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
-  Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
-  And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.
-  And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
-  But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
-  Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
-  And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
-  And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
-  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
-  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof,
but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every
one that is born of the Spirit.
-  For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
-  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
-  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
-  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
-  (But this spake he of the Spirit,
which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was
not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
-  When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
-  When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
-  Even the Spirit
of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and
shall be in you.
-  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
-  Howbeit when he, the Spirit
of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not
speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and
he will shew you things to come.
-  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
-  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit
upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and
your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
-  And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
-  Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto
Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.
-  And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.
-  And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
-  For unclean spirits,
crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them:
and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
-  Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
-  And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
-  While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.
-  And the spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
-  And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.
-  After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.
-  And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
-  And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
-  Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.
-  And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
-  This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
-  So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
-  Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
-  And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
-  And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
-  After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.
-  And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
-  And finding disciples, we tarried there seven days: who said to Paul through the Spirit, that he should not go up to Jerusalem.
-  For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.
And there arose a great cry: and the scribes that were of the
Pharisees' part arose, and strove, saying, We find no evil in this man:
but if a spirit or an angel hath spoken to him, let us not fight against God.
-  And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
-  For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;
-  For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
-  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
-  But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
-  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
-  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
-  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
-  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
-  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
-  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
-  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
-  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
-  But if the Spirit
of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised
up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
-  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
-  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
-  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
-  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
-  And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
-  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
-  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
-  (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
-  Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
-  Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
-  It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
-  Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;
-  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
-  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
-  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
-  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
-  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
-  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
-  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
-  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
-  What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?
-  For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
-  In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
-  To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified,
but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
-  But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
-  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried
woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in
body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.
-  But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.
-  If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
-  And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
-  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
-  Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
-  Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
-  Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
-  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
-  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
-  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
-  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
-  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
-  For by one Spirit
are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles,
whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
-  Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
-  For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
-  Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
-  For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
-  What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
-  Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit,
how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy
giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?
-  And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
-  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
-  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
-  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
-  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
-  For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.
-  Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
-  I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.
-  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
-  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
-  How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
-  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the
Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by
the Spirit of the Lord.
-  We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
-  Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
-  Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
-  Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed by you all.
-  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
-  I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a gain of you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps?
-  This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
-  Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
-  He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
-  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
-  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
-  But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
-  For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
-  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
-  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
-  But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
-  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
-  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
-  Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
-  For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
-  Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
-  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the
gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were
sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
-  That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
-  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
-  For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
-  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
-  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
-  That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
-  Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
-  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
-  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
-  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
-  (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
-  And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
-  Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.
-  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
-  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
-  For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that
whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your
affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
-  If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
-  For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
-  Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray
for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of
his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
-  For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
-  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
-  He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
-  Quench not the Spirit.
-  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
-  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
-  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved
of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation
through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
-  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
-  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
-  Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
-  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
-  The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.
-  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
-  And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
-  Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any
twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
-  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy,
who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood
of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath
done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we
gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the
Father of spirits, and live?
-  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
-  For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
-  Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
-  Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
-  Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit
of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand
the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
-  Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
-  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
-  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust,
that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but
quickened by the Spirit:
-  By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead,
that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live
according to God in the spirit.
-  If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
-  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
-  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
-  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
-  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
-  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
-  Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
-  This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
-  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
-  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and
peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from
the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
-  I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
-  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit
saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of
the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
-  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
-  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit
saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of
the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a
new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
-  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
-  And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
-  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
-  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
-  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
-  And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices:
and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are
the seven Spirits of God.
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four
beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been
slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
-  And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
-  And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the
dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
-  And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
-  For they are the spirits
of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth
and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day
of God Almighty.
-  So he carried me away in the spirit
into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured
beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is
fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold
of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do
it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the
testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
-  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
-  And the Spirit
and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let
him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of